Our History


Coláiste Dhúlaigh opened in 1969. The school is in the ownership of the City of Dublin Education and Training Board (CDETB), the school’s Board of Management is a sub-committee of CDETB. The school takes its name from St. Doulagh, a Christian monk who lived where the ancient St. Doulagh’s Church is situated on the Malahide Road. A drawing of the church by a former student forms the crest of the school’s uniform. From 1980 onwards, in addition to the Second Level curriculum, the school began to provide Post Leaving Certificate, Vocational Training and Adult programmes, becoming one of the largest schools in Ireland. As a result of this expansion two schools were formed in March 2005, a Post Primary with an enrolment of 170 students and a College of Further Education having in excess of 1000 students.